Friday, August 29, 2014

just let stuff go.

Recently my girlfriend has been having problems with her mother, someone said something or did something and now feelings are hurt, and honestly I notice this is very common (in Utah anyway) and is just stupid. Why would you waste time and energy fuming over something that happened, it is not only destructive to charactor, but is petty and childish, I have found a great mantra that helps me personally, (no ones perfect I at times struggle to let stuff go) it goes like this "just let it go" If your LDS and don't even get me started on how many people are hurting feelings with careless words or judgmental attitudes in the lds church, then you should remember the talk my Elder Uchdorf I believe he said "stop it" and yet after time and time again of being chastised there are people who are still leaving the church, or even just loosing friendships and relationships because people lack empathy, and campassion, but on the other hand, when did we become such a soft culture that we allow words to dictate our attitudes, I know Im ranting, and I don't care right now, because seriously people GROW THE HELL UP, sit down talk it out, be open about how you feel, and DONT TAKE OFFENSE to when people say or do something that you find offensive, maybe if we learn to let stuff go we can actually start to accept people for how they are hardwired as well, lets stop the hate and start understanding each other, shit happens and people deal with it differently and sometimes people just need someone to say "it's ok"

No comments:

Post a Comment